« Home | How to earn Rs 110 after lunch » | Sunset at Candolim beach, Goa » | Pictures of Sunset from Nine Bar, Vagator, Goa » | More pictures from the Vagholi centre for the dumb... » | Goa! » | Ehsaas at the Vagholi centre for the dumb and deaf » | Our big European night - The Stadio Delle Alpi exp... » | Shantaram » | Being Cyrus » | Our big european night » 

Thursday, April 27, 2006 

Random list of addas I need to visit, before I leave this city.

I'm a true blue foodie. The owner of Malacca Spice, here in Pune, treats me like his goti-ayaar (Not even going to explain that). I personally know most of the waiters at Flags and La Pizzeria. I would rate the above 3 restaurants 2897/ 100, for the awesome food and service they dish out.

Besides the above addas where I'm pretty much of a regular, I've checked out most of the other popular places here, like Bounty, The Place, Chinese Room, Kamlings, Yanas, Silk Route, Vaishali, Prems, Toons(not really a restaurant, but I'm there so often), Carnival, 1000 oaks (The best part here is the music ;)), Bombay Brasserie (How wrong is that name? Hippy Bogus to Jane : "I ate at Bombay Bra today, and the food was spicy"), besides the names of a host of other places that I have positively forgotten about, and need to go back to eat, to remember again.

But I haven't checked out enough of the hole-in-the-wall, non-descript, type single speciality addas (read as Restaurants/Khanawadis/Dhabas/..... ). So I have compiled a list of all the single/super speciality addas that I need to eat at, before I move out of Pune. The list below has been compiled from a variety of online sources, and I will need to throughly verify if the directions noted below are accurate. Will update you all about my personal experience at each of these addas. (blue italics are my personal additions to some one else's description of the adda)

Kolhapur Darbar - (apparently) spicy kolhapuri non-veg thalis - the lane opposite JnanaPrabodhini (wherever that is) - one chowk down

Hotel Kaveri no 2 - (yes that is the name) - near marketyard main entrance - Great non-veg thalis with spicy rassa, bhakris etc.

Fountain - Shivaji Putala near JMRoad (V precise directions)

Kaveri bhel - Tilak road (V precise directions again!)

Small bakery type shop - USP = Bread pattice (sic!) - symbiosis road - in the middle of the road, as you turn in the direction opposite to Janwadi and on the right of the road (There son! That's the way you direct someone to a non-descipt adda)

Appa's canteen - Deccan Gymkhana

George - Biryani - behind where Naaz was (sadly no more)

Lateef - East street - Butter chicken

So will spend the next few weeks picking addas off this list. That is not to say that I will cut down on my almost weekly Malacca Spice trips, but will be more open to trying out addas on the newly compiled list.

i just had lunch but reading your description of all the food and all the places makes me wanna come down and gorge all the food up .. man i cant wait to be in india again !!!!! priyanka

Priyanka,

When you come down, I'll take you to all those places and other ones :)

Chiaki,

I think you're a hottie too ;)

You need to do one of these for Bombay restaurants.....and we need to start making a list for when I come down...I'm making a list of places to take Brian...and whiskey in a Pepsi bottle, in your car at Bandstand is definitely on.

Post a Comment