« Home | Our big european night » | Visit to the Hermian Gmeiner NGO at Shivajinagar! » | My Bloginality is ESTP!!! » | How about an organization that says " Pune Cares",... » | My new idea of fun. Listening to "Canon in D Major... » | The hardest part about writing, is exploring somet... » | Is an MBA for me, a career enhancing move or a car... » | Fr... » | The new orange thing » | Today is the 14th of Feb, V-day.I'm in Pune, missi... » 

Wednesday, March 29, 2006 

Being Cyrus
















I saw this movie after a lot of friends turned down the opportunity of watching it with me. They basically said that it was a too slow, artsy-fartsy kinda movie. I on the other hand needed to kill time before Arsenal played Juve, so decided to head to Inox (Nice local theatre here). The movie features Naseerudin Shah, Dimple Kapadia (This woman is looks like she is 35), Boman Irani , Saif Ali Khan, and this really beautiful actress (who is the lady who plays Saif’s sister in the movie?)

In all, there were about 10 people in the theatre, and 4 of those dicks decided to sit ahead/behind me and talk on their mobile phones for the first 5 mintes of the movie.

So I decided to make disconcerted faces and move some rows away (The funda of buying tickets for late night movies here is that you buy any damn ticket and sit any damn where you want caus no one checks ;))

So the movie began, and I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of Saif’s voice. For those of you who don’t already know, this movie is Parsi centric, and does not feature too many people other than Parsis (except for a Punjabi police inspector).

It’s slow moving, well shot movie but I was left a little shortchanged by the story. I also thought there would have been more humor, and that they would have explored the legendary Parsi eccentricity in more depth.

I’m not gonna be a numbtwit and reveal the ending, but I’m going to tell you that it IS a suspense movie (that did not strike me till the end). All in all refreshingly different, but definitely not worth a second watch (which movies can you watch twice over these days?)

everyone else said dimple's acting was way over the top....and frankly after watching her in 'pyar mein twist' (i know, i sought my own punishment), i was less than enamoured. anyway, seems worth checking out..!

Yeah. A lil over the top, but she is hot, so she gets forgiven ;)

I have not seen the movie. Maybe I will some time soon. But I can help you identify the beautiful lady;) Her name is Simone Singh, and I too have heard from my friends that she is looking hot in the film. So maybe will check the movie out for that :D

Simone Singh is good enough reason to check the movie out. As is Dimple Kapadia (for the non-acting part)

Post a Comment