« Home | Dudley Green » | Did chimp and human ancestors interbreed? » | Sunset at Candolim » | Quality is our Aim » | One more step Arsenal » | Masahiro/Yoshikuni » | Harvey , the Pervy Grammar school. » | Why the Indian design community is uniquely equipp... » | Ehsaas @ CYDA with the kids from Patil Estate - 30... » | Brave the low resolution of the notice » 

Thursday, June 01, 2006 

First showers in Pune - 30th May





Love the rains. Especially when I'm home, dry, and the electricity is working fine (It's Pune. "Information Technology" city of the future, but electricity, water and roads are still an issue).

Been reading "Maximum City" with the rain gods playing a rock concert of their own. And my throat and nose singing in seconds.

It's amazing how just when you think that more mucus cannot be produced from where ever it really lives, more of the sticky crap gets produced automatically . I went through 2 decent sized tissue rolls in one day. Then I got smart and used the old xeroxed prescription that the good pune doctor had given me the last time I was a sick cow. I had uncharacteristically xeroxed that prescription, and meticulously put it by in a corner of my wallet. I pay attention to only the most important details.

And I went out and bought medicines (with xeroxed precription) like they were fruits. No questions asked. And I even got a receipt.

Coming back to the book, another facinating one in a long line of books to come, which immoralize the city I've lived in for 22 years (and the beatuy of books like Shantaram and Maximum city is that they paint the city in the dark brown shitty shades and smells that so characterize the city, while unearthing the spirit of the people who live with those smells!)

Enough of the talk. Try and enjoy the pictures. Posted by Picasa

DUDE!! is there someplace i can report you for boring the life outta your handful readers by never updating...come hell or high water?

on an aside...i'm typing this from my lapop using my GPRS phone!! how yuppie am i?!!!

i felt the same...when i used my gprs on my laptop!! i know the feeling!! :)
and then again... why did we have to spoil a perfectly nice talk about cities n rains with "mucus" ????? yikesss! :p

i felt the same...when i used my gprs on my laptop!! i know the feeling!! :)
and then again... why did we have to spoil a perfectly nice talk about cities n rains with "mucus" ????? yikesss! :p

dude!!!! it's been three darned weeks....plz put something else up.

BMD-The mucus part is good...it assures your (few) readers that you're not getting old and boring. btw, email me your cell number. And take some pictures at bandstand when its raining :)
-ADR

shantaram is a beautiful experience. the book still haunts me.

@ Scribe: I agree

@ ADR: I'll take a pic of Dharavi when it's raining and mail you. Bandra, where I come from (lol), is a 'lil too cool for you..

@ Rizado: Give the writer his time..this is like cogitating period

@ Neers: Mucus. The source of my unique identity

Post a Comment